Mike Goettsche Earns the Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) Designation
MANAGEMENT TOOLS TO BUILD BUSINESS
Construction accounting requires industry specific knowledge that not every accountant has. With over 50 years of service to the construction industry, our construction industry team provides you with construction specific experience in services to meet your needs. We serve clients from start-up to 3rd generation businesses, including general and subcontractors in the following fields:
- General building
- Specialty trade
- Heavy machinery
- Highway construction
- Home builders
- Plumbing and HVAC
SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION BUSINESSES
Job Costing Analysis
- Make sure your estimators have the tools they need to produce accurate, profitable bids.
Public Works Assistance
- Navigating state licensing laws can be tricky, we can help.
- Many insurance companies look at a business’s relationship with their CPA to decide if you can be bonded, what does your insurance company think of your CPA?
Cash Flow Management
- Cash flow issues are common in the construction industry, we can help provide the tools to analyze cash needs and help you know you will make payroll.
Tax Planning and Preparation
- There are many ways to account for construction contracts, using the wrong one can result in an interest free loan to Uncle Sam.
Audit and Assurance Services
- As your company grows, so will the level of service your bank and bonding company may require. We can help with anything from a compiled to an audited financial statements.
Multi-State Tax Issues
- Sometimes your contracts can take you outside of your home state. We have dedicated professionals that analyze tax laws in every state.
Business Transition Planning
COOPER NORMAN Q2 CONSTRUCTION ECONOMIC NEWLETTER
The world of taxes is complicated and can be overwhelming for anyone or any business that is not well-educated about taxes. No matter who you are though, taxes have to be paid on the money that you make or if you are a business owner, the money that your business...
What is Capital Gains Tax? Capital gains tax is a tax imposed on the profit also known as capital gains. These can be earned from the sale of certain assets, such as stocks, real estate, or investments, that have increased in value over time. When an individual or...
Idaho Falls, Idaho, November 2023 Cooper Norman is happy to announce that its senior consultant, Mike Goettsche, has achieved the certification of CCIFP (Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional). Mike, a native of Idaho Falls, has been with Cooper...
The construction industry is renowned for its quality craftsmanship. However, it’s also sometimes known for a historical reluctance to adopt new technology. When it comes to your construction company’s accounting and financial management, there’s never been a better...
Construction companies are required to obtain surety bonds on many types of projects — particularly those that are publicly funded. The bonds essentially guarantee that the work will be completed one way or another. Contractors are urged to manage their operations and...
Both global and national supply chains received much attention during the pandemic. Slowdowns and choke points have become relatively less common since, but that hasn’t stopped “supply chain issues” from being a commonly heard refrain in the construction industry. As...