Dental Medicaid, CHIP providers have until Aug. 3 to apply to HHS Provider Relief Fund
As an update to our correspondence last week, eligible Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program dental providers now have until Aug. 3 to apply to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal, the department announced.
“HHS is continuing to work with provider organizations, congressional, state and local leaders to get the word out about this program,” said HHS in a July 17 news release. “To ensure eligible Medicaid and CHIP providers have the opportunity to apply for a funding distribution, the deadline to apply has been extended.”
The deadline for non-Medicaid providers to apply for funding remains July 24.
As outlined by the ADA, to be eligible for relief funds an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must not have received payment from the $50 billion General Distribution. This includes providers who have billed Medicare on a fee-for-service basis [Parts A or B] in 2019.
- Must have directly billed Medicaid for healthcare-related services during the period of Jan. 1, 2018, to Dec. 31, 2019, or own an included subsidiary that has billed Medicaid for healthcare-related services during the period of Jan. 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2019.
- Must either have filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or be an entity exempt from the federal income tax return filing requirement and have no beneficial owner who is required to file a federal income tax return (e.g. a state-owned hospital or health care clinic).
- Must have provided patient care after Jan. 31, 2020.
- Must not have permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries. However, dentists that stopped providing care due to the pandemic are eligible.
- Must have gross receipts or sales from providing patient care reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee if the applicant is filing as an individual.
Please let us know if you have any questions.